Sunday, June 17, 2012

Electronic Shark Defense System | Hana Hou! Magazine


As an ocean swimmer who's always got sharks on my mind, I was thrilled to meet and photograph surfer/inventor Wilson Vinano Jr., the creator of the Electronic Shark Defense System (ESDS), underwater for Hana Hou! The Hawaiian Airlines Magazine.
How it works is the 'ESDS omits electric waves that interfere with the gel in a shark’s nose and keeps them away from those individuals in the ocean. The ESDS pulses are easily detected by a shark in the vicinity, causing them to stay out of the signal range.'


What an awesome invention!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you buy one?

Unknown said...

These esds electronic shark defense system is a great gift for me as I love capturing pictures to underwater creatures but I am so afraid with sharks :)