Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gonzalo


Last week one of my favorite people in the world passed away, Luis Gonzalo Salinas Garcia.
Gonzalo was my high-school sweetheart, I have so many wonderful memories of days filled with laughter as we experienced life together. He was so nurturing and generous, had such intensity of spirit and charm, and was an amazingly unique individual and passionate musician. He was so sweet, such a gentleman and a gorgeous human being inside and out. He died on Sunday, June 14th from a heart-attack, a little over a month after his 25th birthday. Gonzalo is survived by his incredibly hard-working and caring single mother Elena, his Peruvian politician father Abel, his lovely aunties and uncles and cousins whom he cared for so much, and all of his friends whose world he made a better place.

I miss you Gonza

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sad...I still think about him everytime I pass those yellow townhouses across the street!